Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Best Banana Pudding...EVER!

I mean this! I have received so many compliments on this particular recipe of banana pudding that I will never go back to traditional banana pudding. My husband and I have a family night at our local Masonic Lodge once a month. Its a great time for us to spend with other families who have something in common. I have been bringing desserts for the last year at least. Its been fun! I have brought some favorites, to say the least! Let's just say, I know how to pick out a good dessert when I taste one, and I am not shy to ask for the recipe. This recipe was given to me some time ago, I just started using it again maybe 6 months ago. Last month for family night, I decided to bring banana pudding because it was so easy to put together. I also brought some cupcakes so the kids would leave the banana pudding for the adults! Haha! I was told at the end of the event that I didn't make enough, the bowl wasn't big enough, and please bring that stuff next time. So, this month, I made 2! And it went so fast, everybody told me I still didn't make enough! I must find some bigger bowls!
Here's the recipe, I'll share because it's just that good!

Ingredients
3-5 large ripe bananas, sliced
1 box vanilla wafers
1 box banana creme instant pudding
1 box french vanilla instant pudding
3 c. cold milk
1 10oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 8oz tub whipped cream, thawed, divided

That's it! You just need 20 minutes of your time to put this together! It's awesome.

Directions
Mix the two boxes of instant pudding with the 3 cups cold milk. Whisk until well mixed, about 2 minutes. Put in the refrigerator to set, about 5-10 minutes. When pudding is set, add can of sweetened condensed milk and half of the tub of whipped cream. Stir gently and evenly. It is okay to leave some marbling in the mixture. Sorry I don't have a picture of what it looks like in the bowl, but it is beautiful! Start with lining the bottom of your bowl with vanilla wafers. Add desired amount of sliced bananas on top of wafers. Pour 1/3 of the pudding mixture over the bananas. Repeat the layers 2 more times, ending with pudding on top. Place vanilla wafers around the top perimeter of the pudding. Stir remaining whipped cream gently and then spread over the top of the pudding all the way up to the cookies on the edges. Top with remaining vanilla wafers if desired. This is the hard part! Grab your plastic wrap, go ahead. Wrap that banana pudding up. You can do it. Now, leave it ALONE! Yes, leave it alone for a whole 24 hours! You will thank me for this tip when you taste it, trust me.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooohhhhhh, WOW.....
    I am speechless....
    I am going to have to make this for my husband who LOVES vanilla wafers...
    yummy yummy yummy!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! we are huge banana pudding fans, so i'll have to try this. stopping by from tatertots & jello link up.

    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had requests to make this stuff again for our monthly event which is in just a week and a half away. I bet this time I will be making a quadruple recipe. Here goes!

    ReplyDelete