Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mismatched!

I absolutely refuse to buy flatware. The last time I bought any was about 9 years ago when I was single and I had a gift card. Our set...well, our flatware is not a set, I don't have enough to make a single matching set even for our family of four. But, we have enough to eat with. It works just the same. I cannot see myself spending $60 on a matching set that is going to wind up mismatched anyway. I had to buy some spoons (4/$1) the other day because my kids insist on taking spoons outside to dig with. Do yours do that too? I also, in the past have taken my own flatware to work in my lunch and have lost it or forgot it. Who knows, maybe one day I will get a set, but I guarantee that it won't be before my kids get a little bit older. This is just something that I feel like if it's not broke, then don't fix it!
P.S. I am the same way with towels and washrags! Stains and bleach spots...why get new when it will wind up just like the old. A towel absorbs water, that's what I need it to do. When my towels stop absorbing, then I will buy new ones! How about you?

3 comments:

  1. Actually, mismatched flatware irritates me. They don't stack correctly in the cutlery tray. I like the one pattern on the ends with the twisted handles.

    Mismatched towels fold pretty well the same so it doesn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the only thing that bothers me about it being mismatched is that it doesn't stack well, but it doesn't bug me enough to buy more right now. Having two young kids that lose my flatware and not having the money to spend on it are two big motivators to stick with what I have.

      Delete
  2. I think you are doing the best with what you have and in the end that's all that matters. Love you!

    ReplyDelete