Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My "Green" Thumb


So, I have been playing with the idea of reusing old things that I have in my house that aren't in use right now. I have this horrifying shelf unit that was in the house when we moved in. She needs some new make up. Anyway, I have also been sewing a LOT, and my husband has been selling some of my creations. Well, I HAD to go to the craft store to get some fabric for an order, when I saw this amazing americana fabric. I just had to have some. I thought about doing a table cloth with it since we are amongst 3 americana holidays (Memorial Day, Flag Day, and Independence Day). Well, when I got home, I rethought what I was gonna do with the horrifying shelf unit. I was gonna dress it up all chic to put in my bedroom for some much needed storage space. But when I looked at the americana fabric again, a lightbulb went off in my head. Ding! New make up for my shelves...and I can have extra pantry space if I do it right! It worked out perfect. I repurposed something I had thought about throwing out once. Thank goodness I didn't because right now $11 never looked so good!

1 comment:

  1. can you come to my house to find things to makeover and repurpose? I'm in a rut. :) It looks good sis!

    ReplyDelete